[CM] TRACE facility seems broken in 22.5

David O'Toole deeteeoh1138 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:00:43 PDT 2022

Hi. The context is calling (save-sound-as "/tmp/snd_34010_7648.snd"
some-sound). Normally this results in a file being written, however the
file is not written in this case, and execution of the whole containing
loop (which slices a longer sound into a bunch of fragments and writes each
to a flac file) terminates back to the REPL printing only the message:

save-sound-as: /tmp/snd_34010_7648.snd ()

I used the trace facility to discover which invocation of save-sound-as was
causing the problem. I am also tracing save-sound-as, but instead of
printing anything from the trace facility, i just get the message and the
REPL. None of the writes succeed, it only tries the first write and then
dies.

Invocations of save-sound-as from the REPL seem to work ok and the trace
output is shown. But inside the loop, the trace output is never shown, and
execution terminates at the first attempt to call save-sound-as.