[CM] Fastest way to copy scheme variables into a shared buffer?

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jan 22 09:30:49 PST 2022

If the numbers are just integers or just floats, you
could use float-vectors or int-vectors (or byte-vector)
in s7, and use memcpy to copy the data from the C int64_t
or double array (or actually share the data: see
s7_float_vector_elements and s7_int_vector_elements).
If the inner vectors are all the same size, you
can grab all of them in one operation by using
s7 multidimensional vectors.  Otherwise, I think
you'll need to use s7_integer, s7_real, and maybe
the make-* cases -- kinda slow, perhaps --
I'm probably forgetting something obvious.