[CM] Squeak frontend to SchemeMosaic and Snd

David O'Toole deeteeoh1138 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:56:34 PST 2022

Greetings, S7 Schemers :)

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy new year.

I am working on a Squeak Smalltalk frontend for SchemeMosaic, my
concatenative synthesis toolkit add-on for Snd. Squeak has a rich graphical
user interface framework called Morphic, so this frontend should be much
nicer and much more usable than the Emacs one I built before. I have
attached some screenshots of the (very rough but working) GUI thus far.

I don't have to stop at just the features of Mosaic. Although it may not be
possible to replicate the entire GUI of Snd, a significant range of
functionality could be exposed to the graphical Squeak environment. This
could be really fun for experimenting with beats and concatenative
synthesis.

SchemeMosaic's current bleeding edge source can be found at:
https://gitlab.com/dto/mosaic
<http://web.archive.org/web/20210115113453/https://gitlab.com/dto/mosaic> but
I wouldn't try running the GUI just yet. I need a little more time to make
a proper alpha release.

If you want some general information about the project, the old webpage is
here, I'm finding a new home for it so the only option right now is
Internet Archive.
http://web.archive.org/web/20210115113453/http://xelf.me/scheme-mosaic.html

I will keep you informed!