[CM] Triggering incudine events with cm-incudine

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Wed May 19 01:51:56 PDT 2021

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 03:48:45PM -0400, Brandon Hale wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to figure out with cm-incudine how to trigger incudine (dsp!)
> functions with common music (process) loops. I figure there is probably a
> way built into cm-incudine to do this. I could always send midi from an
> incudine midi output to an incudine midi input to trigger a (dsp!) function,
> but this feels clunky.

I patched the extension of CM five years ago with:

(defmethod write-event ((obj function) (str incudine-stream) scoretime)
  (declare (ignore str))
  (at (+ (rts-now) scoretime) obj)
  (values))

The side effect is the possibility to play the following example:

(in-package :scratch)

(dsp! girello (freq gain dur)
  (stereo (* (envelope (make-perc .5 .5) 1 dur #'free)
             (sine freq (db->linear gain)))))

(in-package :cm)

(defun harms (fund low high dur)
  (let ((f (hertz fund)))
    (process for i from low to high
             output (lambda () (scratch::girello (* f (/ i low)) -9 dur))
             wait (+ dur .1))))

(rts)

;; realtime
(sprout (harms 'c3 4 16 .25))

;; write soundfile
(incudine:bounce-to-disk ("/tmp/harms-from-cm.wav" :pad 0)
  (sprout (harms 'c3 4 16 .25)))