[CM] dynamic variables

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 09:50:38 PST 2021

Hi,
I have been bashing on a problem trying to figure out the best way to create and use dynamic variables in scheme, such as reg0, reg1, reg2, etc. and stumbling a bit.  Wondering if there's a somewhat standard approach to doing that?

For ex. if I create a variable, say inside a do-loop, and want to increment the variable, in order to be able to access the particular regions later, what's the best way to think of that?

(xxx (make region beg end snd chn))

I tried the string-append approach, but doesn't seem be the best method since (type-of) shows the variable (xxx) as a c-object.  Is there perhaps a method to create and increment c-objects?

Regards,
Jim