[CM] s7 issues?

Gregg Reynolds dev at mobileink.com
Thu Jul 15 06:54:27 PDT 2021

Wow, that was quick!

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 7:42 AM <bil at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi!  You can report issues here, or to me personally.

> In s7, keywords are symbols that happen to start or end
> with a colon (and are constants evaluating to themselves).

My bad (I blame my fingers for all typing problems, haha..)

> Thanks very much for the link to your
> docs and demos -- I'll check them out later today.
> I don't think I've ever heard of Bazel.

It's the One True Build System.  (Joke!)  It's basically Google's internal
build system open-sourced. Very good for reproducible builds, polyglot
support, etc.  s7 doesn't really need a fancy build system, but if you want
to integrate it with other stuff, Bazel is nice to have.  You may find it
useful for development, play around with my docs&demos repo with it and let
me know if you have questions.

In fact the reason I got started with s7 is because I want to add a Scheme
binding to a Bazel tool I'm building.

s7 looks very good so far, really should be better known, maybe my demos
and docs can help with that.  Thanks so much for making it available!

I definitely have some questions and comments so I'll be in touch soon.

Gregg