[CM] mix-home, etc.

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:46:02 PDT 2020

Hi,
I'm getting hung up in mixes.  Trying something like the manual example, below, but
getting back an error that the argument is a pair, not a mix (object).

Wondering we're I might be going wrong?

Thank you,
Jim

---------------------

mix-home mix

mix-home returns a list containing the mix's output sound and channel number, and the input original filename (if any), and input channel.

> (define mx (mix "pistol.snd" 1000))
#<mix 0>
> (mix-home mx)
(#<sound 0> 0 "/home/bil/cl/pistol.snd" 0)
;; (list output-sound-index output-channel input-filename input-channel)
> (set! mx (mix-float-vector (make-float-vector 100 .1) 2000))
#<mix 1>
> (mix-home mx)
(#<sound 0> 0 #f 0)
;;   #f: no input file

-------------------

mine:

(begin (open-sound "oboe.snd"))
(define mx (mix "pistol.snd" 1000))
>(#<mix 0>)
(mix-home mx) ;XXX
>mix-home argument 1, (#<mix 0>), is a pair but should be a mix

...stuck on other calls too such as
(mix-maxamp mx)
(mix-name->id 0)
(set! (mix-amp mx) .05)