[CM] s7_nil behaving as #t

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Tue Sep 8 04:24:52 PDT 2020

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 08. September 2020 um 13:11:02 Uhr (+0200) schrieb
Kjetil Matheussen:
> There's lots of situations where this would be practical, but since s7
> is a Scheme implementation, I think it's probably best to behave as #t
> to avoid trouble when porting to other scheme implementations. Also,
> people who knows scheme would be confused if '() returned #f.

Exactly. This is a well known (much discussed) difference between
scheme and common lisp (or other dialects) and would break scheme if
changed. If you feel adventurous, I'd recommend to overwrite if at the
beginning of your code or define a custom macro of a different name
which behaves like cl's if for the use cases where you need this
behaviour.

--
Orm