[CM] S7s GC

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:39:50 PST 2020

S7's has a tracing garbage collector, meaning that it has a set of
"roots" which it traces all live objects from. When all live objects
are found, everything else can be freed. You might want to find this
work interesting:
http://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/rollendurchmesserzeitsammler/
although I'm not sure it would work very well as a replacement for
s7's garbage collector. It might work to replace it with BDW-GC
running in incremental mode though, although I wouldn't bet on it.