[CM] CM/Scheme without Grace?

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Wed Mar 4 01:02:11 PST 2020

Hi Adam,

 out of respect for the original cm I didn't change Rick's README, but
since you're using the slime port and emacs: In the quicklisp "cm"
folder is the file "etc/extras/emacs/cm.el". You can include that by
putting the following lines into the emacs init file (normally located
at "~/.emacs.d/init.el"):

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/quicklisp/local-projects/cm/etc/emacs/")

(require 'cm)

(defvar *common-music-doc-root*
   (concat "file://"
      (expand-file-name "~/quicklisp/local-projects/cm/doc/"))
      "The root url for visiting CM documentation.")

This will bring custom cm menus to your emacs, but more importantly
will give you online help for cm by moving the cursor after a cm
symbol and pressing "C-c C-d c".

This was all part of cm back in 2007. I just updated the html to work
on current browsers.

I guess I should put that and other installation info into the README
of the github page as this isn't something people will easily find.

--
Orm