[CM] R7RS in S7

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 06:08:55 PST 2020

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 2:55 PM <bil at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I'm pleased that s7 is working out for you so far.
> I don't currently have any plans.  I mostly focus on
> fixing bugs and trying to make it faster.

How about also focusing on making it easier to debug s7 programs? S7
is really fast and bug-free (as far as I know), but backtracing is
hardly working. For instance, if you use macros or expansions, line
numbers and file names disappears. I'm thinking about creating my own
backtrace/history functionality though by creating a "define-tracable"
expansion:

(define-traceable (dosomething)
   ...)

...which works like define, but automatically adds entry and leave
points in a history buffer if debugging is enabled. It would be
natural to use this instead of almost all toplevel defines.

Maybe something like this could be added to s7 directly? Debugging
larger programs in s7 is sometimes very time consuming.