[CM] CM/Scheme without Grace?

Neil Baylis neil.baylis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 09:45:16 PST 2020

Is it possible to run CM using scheme without the Grace application? For
example, by just editing scheme files in an ordinary text editor? If so,
can anyone point me at instructions for doing this?

I see the Grace documentation lists a bunch of functions/macros related to
algo music, but it's not clear to me whether Grace is required to get that
functionality.

My application is to algorithmically generate midi to be played by virtual
instruments. (i.e., route the midi to a VST or AU host.)

Neil Baylis