[CM] S7 & graphics with ImGui

Christos Vagias chris.actondev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:44:28 PDT 2020

Hi Bil,

I really appreciate it.
Allow me to say once more: thanks a lot for S7.
It's a hidden gem :)

Indeed I'm using cmuscheme, and the emacs-lisp need to switch
namespaces etc is here
https://github.com/actonDev/s7-imgui/issues/3#issuecomment-661295470
Some note here: geisser (emacs-lisp) is worth looking at (offers for
example documentation/help messages in the mini buffer etc),
but it's quite complicated. Cmuscheme offers just the barebones which is
more than enough for now.

In org-mode here's some interesting things to look at:
- https://github.com/diadochos/org-babel-eval-in-repl
  to send one liners from a shell snippet to its shell session
  (this one has really boosted my productivity)
- button-lock-mode, to make clickable buttons

Now for the project itself:

My vague/romantic idea is that this could potentially shape a
mini-framework or something that makes it
fun to create small GUIs. I come from clojure/clojurescript background and
this is where I loved
the interactive building of a UI. So I really missed something similar in
C/C++.

I remember an old mail here in the list where someone posted about clojure
and Bill you said
that you hadn't heard about it. I suggest, if you have the time, to take a
look into it.

Now a topic where I would appreciate any input from you especially Bil, but
also from any schemer here.
The "namespaces" thing that I'm using:
https://github.com/actonDev/s7-imgui/issues/3
Again, something that I got from clojure.

Christos