[CM] cm2: svg backend, permutation pattern

Torsten Anders Torsten.Anders at beds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 02:26:46 PDT 2018

On 22 Jul 2018, at 16:18, Orm Finnendahl <orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de<mailto:orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de>> wrote:
I don't know if it makes any sense to announce it here, as I guess hardly anybody is using it.

FYI, Common Music code without the full Common Music actually is also under other composition systems. A core part of Common Music 2, namely its pattern definitions, have been ported to OpenMusic by Anders Vinjar (http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/libraries, https://forge.ircam.fr/p/omlibraries/downloads/639/).

I took that OpenMusic library, stripped off all visual programming code again, and made sure it can be loaded with ASDF in a strait forward way, so that it can be used in other composition environments based on Common Lisp (https://github.com/tanders/cm-patterns). Specifically, I am using it in Opusmodus. It has been tested with Clozure CL (under Opusmodus), LispWorks (for PWGL) and SBCL. However, the code is still not as portable as the original Common Music source.

Note that I tried some time ago to get the full Common Music 2 code base loaded with ASDF, but ran into various difficulties, and for use in other composition systems I only need the Common Music patterns anyway, so this seems to be a good compromise to me.

Best,
Torsten

This email message uses productivity features of Mailbutler<https://www.mailbutler.io>.