[CM] map-channel with dsp

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:43:22 PST 2018

Hi,

I'm really stuck on trying to use map-channel to replace a newly created snd file with a dsp modified version of it.  I've been looking at snd-test.scm for examples but still don't have it right yet and not sure how to craft the let/map-channel/lambda to make it work.  All I get is a flat line so far.

    I'm trying to place values in a float-vector, then modify those values and output to the editor.  I know

    (float-vector->channel im 0 fsize 0) works,

    and I also tried sample (but very slow):

             (do ((i 0 (+ i 1)))

                  ((= i fsize))

                      (set! (sample i) (im i)))

    Wondering if there's an example someplace I haven't found yet for how to dsp modify a vector of values and use map-channel to output to the editor?

    Thank You,

    Jim

I’ve been trying something like below…

but cannot seem to get the map-channel/let/lambda part right.

      (let*  ((fsize 22050)

             (increment (/ (* 440.0 2.0 pi) fsize))

             (im (make-float-vector fsize)) ;empy vector

             (current-phase 0.0)

             (val 0.0) );init var

      (new-sound "test.snd" :size fsize)  ;creates a new snd in editor

        ;place values in a vector

       (do ((i 0 (+ i 1)))

                  ((= i fsize))

                       (set! val (* .1 (sin current-phase)))

                       (set! current-phase (+ current-phase increment))

                       (set! (im i) val)

    ;(format #t "~%i: ~F  ~0,6F\t " i (im i) )

                      )

          (map-channel (lambda (y)

              (do ((i 0 (+ i 1)))

                  ((= i fsize))

                      (* (amplitude-modulation 0.5) (im i))))0 fsize))