[CM] Recording in Snd?

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 30 08:22:11 PDT 2017

I removed the recorder about 4 years ago.  Every
new piece of hardware seemed to require special
code (in about 6 OS's), and the recorder itself,
which was originally very simple, became so
complex that I could not maintain it, and the
others involved "had no time".  People, even
other developers, expect miracles.  It's similar
to the looping question earlier -- a complex problem
that does not interest me, and that has programs dedicated
to it.  Others' code can become a white elephant.