[CM] Midi microtuning in cm2

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Sat Mar 11 03:16:33 PST 2017

Am Freitag, den 10. März 2017 um 13:22:50 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Ralf Mattes:

> Ok, let me chime in here: my initial goal was keeping CM opertional in
> current common lisp implementations to be able to use "Notes from the
> Metalevel". Some of my design goals where:

That's actually also one of my goals. As I recommend this book to my
students, I'd like to keep the examples functional (and some of them
had to get adjusted to even work with the cm2 Version I used, like the
ligeti example of Tobias Kunze).

BTW: There has been some complaint about the accompanying CD to the
book which seems to be missing nowadays and people trying to get a
copy. Does anybody have this and would be willing to send this to me
if this doesn't infringe any copyright issues?

> I'm trying to keep CM2 from spitting into a pile of privatly
> maintained, slightly different versions of the code.

I completely agree and can factor out code not directly applying to
cm2 into extra packages like the incudine/jackmidi realtime stuff.

Anyone wants to join, any ideas on this? Rick, how do you feel about
this?

--
Orm