[CM] starting cm2

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:26:28 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm having a devil of a time trying to start cm2 on f25, using SBCL and Quicklisp, and wondering if anyone might know where I'm going wrong.  Quicklisp has the asdf libraries.  CM2 top level dir shows a cm2.asd, so I'm confused what might be going wrong.

>From SBCL, I get an .asd file error.

> * (load "/opt/cm2/src/cm.lisp")

debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR in thread
#<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {10029564D3}>:
  Couldn't load #P"/opt/cm2/cm.asd": file does not exist.

I downloaded the cm2 branch using svn, and have the following in my .sbclrc file for starting sbcl.

;;; The following lines added by ql:add-to-init-file:
#-quicklisp
(let ((quicklisp-init #P"/opt/quicklisp/setup.lisp"))
  (when (probe-file quicklisp-init)
    (load quicklisp-init)))

(require "asdf")

;;; Load Common Music.
(push "/opt/cm2/" asdf:*central-registry*)
(asdf:load-system :cm2)

This compiles and creates several cm2 .fasl files on startup of sbcl and puts them in the sbcl hidden .cache dir in /home.

Thank you,
Jim