[CM] asdf and clm on sbcl

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:16:00 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:30:11PM -0800, bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
> I added (in-package :asdf-user) to clm.asd, and fixed
> my email address.  Can the license be omitted?
> I dislike all versions of GPL, and normally use
> "artistic license", or "do whatever you want".

Thanks Bill, you can replace LLGPL with the correct license (I think
quicklisp doesn't check the name, therefore "artistic" or other names
derived from clm-5/COPYING are ok).  I'm not an expert but the
recommended fields (especially in quicklisp) are :description,
:version, :author and :licence.

Ralf Mattes wrote:
>> '(in-package :asdf-user)' did the trick.
>
> That's ugly. In general, *-user packages are meant for interactive
> REPL experimentation, not for written code.
> [...]

The system definitions loaded from .asd files are implicitly loaded
into the ASDF-USER package. `(in-package :asdf-user)' is redundant
but it avoids an error with (load "clm.asd").  However, with
sbcl + asdf (no quicklisp and no init-file),

     (load "/path/to/all.lisp")

is simplest than

     (require :asdf)
     (load "/path/to/clm.asd")
     (require :clm)

If sbcl + asdf + init-file (no quicklisp), an init file is
some-seconds-saver [(in-package :asdf-user) is unnecessary]:

   ;; reduced ~/.sbclrc
   (require :asdf)
   (pushnew  #p"/path/to/clm-5/" asdf:*central-registry*)

sh> sbcl
(require :clm)