[CM] asdf and clm on sbcl

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Wed Feb 15 08:47:55 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:20:03PM -0500, Juan Reyes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As pointed out back in December, ASDF system definition file for CLM
> doesn't seem to work.
>
> On SBCL (1.3.5) if I type,
>
>  (require :asdf)

Should already be available.
Check if (find-package :asdf) does return something.

>  (load "clm.asd")

Why are you loading an asdf file? That file should be (or shpould be
linked) where asdf is looking for asdf files (for example in the
directories listed in asdf:*central-registry* or in
~quicklisp/local-projects/)

> I get,
> "There is no class named COMMON-LISP-USER::COMPILE-OP."

That class should be in the asdf package:

 (find-class 'asdf:compile-op)

> On SBCL, besides (require :asdf),

Recent sbcl should come with asdf loaded. As soon as you set up
quicklisp (and you really should) you've it running.
The way to load as system: (asdf:load-system :clm)

> do we need to load or get other ASDF
> features in order to get 'compile-op' working ?.

Iff you really need to explicitly compile:

 (asdf:compile-system :clm)

> Of course, if I go back to Rick's previous definition I get ASDF working
> on SBCL again.

Where did you get your version from?

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes