[CM] inf-snd.el

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:00:47 PST 2016

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 10:36:06 -0800
From: bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
To: James Hearon <j_hearon at hotmail.com>
Cc: "cmdist at ccrma.Stanford.EDU" <cmdist at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: [CM] snd inf-snd.el

s7 doesn't know how to communicate with slime (or geiser), and it's not
Common Lisp, so loading quicklisp code, or running sbcl has no effect.
Snd can communicate with emacs through s7, forth, or ruby,
and inf-snd.el has instructions.  I use the built-in repls (and a
separate emacs); in that case you load a file with (load "a-file.scm"),
and evaluate s7 code by typing it at the prompt, just as in any
other repl.

Hi,
Thank you.  This is a bit clearer now.  Since I don't need slime, quicklisp or sbcl, then maybe just a separate
.emacs file is best approach than trying to combine everything into one .emacs startup file?  Or maybe I'm getting confused about .emacs vs. .el files somehow?

I've read inf-snd.el , but not sure I understand it all yet.

For my .emacs, and just the scheme part,  I tried below using the snd customization and extension example from
Bill's ~/.xemacs/init.el shown in the snd html manual for the inf-snd.el part, and then tried loading a .scm file from emacs but nothing is happening so I don't think I'm there yet.

(setq load-path
      (append (list
		    "/opt/snd-16"
		    )
	      load-path))

(autoload 'run-snd-scheme   "inf-snd" "Start inferior Snd-Scheme process" t)
(autoload 'snd-scheme-mode  "inf-snd" "Load snd-scheme-mode." t)
(setq inf-snd-scheme-program-name "/opt/snd-16/snd")
(setq inf-snd-working-directory "/opt/snd-16/")
(setq inf-snd-index-path "/opt/snd-16/")

Regards,
Jim