[CM] newbie question (sorry)

Rob Howiler rhowiler at presby.edu
Mon Feb 22 05:54:54 PST 2016

Thanks.  That worked like a charm.

Is there any documentation for the “mp:midi” syntax?  I imagine there is more that are more parameters I could control….?

I don’t want to keep posting newbie questions to the list, but I want to get started on making some real music.  I’m still learning the language of Lisp/Common Music, but I feel like I’m ready to start making some music.

Also, I’ve found an example to write a midi file that seems to work great, but again I’d like to know some more about the with-midi and mp:midi “commands”.

	(with-midi (“test.mid”)
		(loop for t to 4 by .25
			do (mp:midi t 5 (between 48 84) .1)))

Thanks a whole bunch for getting me this far.
Rob

> On Feb 19, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Aykut Caglayan <aykut_caglayan at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Hi there,
>
> > (define one (new midi :time 0
> >        :keynum 60 :duration 2))
>
> I assume you are trying to define a function which sends a midi note out.
> If this is the case,
> first define it as follows:
>
> (define (one ) (send "mp:midi" :time 0 :key 60 :dur 1)
>
> ;and fire ;
>
> (one )
>
> Sincerely,
> Ike
>
> PS: I tested it on Grace 3.8, I doubt it if it works with older cm-emacs environment

Dr. Rob Howiler
Academic Computing Services Coordinator
Assisstant Professor of Music
rhowiler at presby.edu