[CM] installation problem on 64-bit ubuntu

Forrest Curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:07:24 PST 2016

Okay, the following works.
After copying Grace into /usr/bin, a 64-bit system will still not be happy
with it.

So, I did:
sudo apt-get install libc6-i386

to generate the next error message and then:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386

and since it was still whining about libsound.so.something:
sudo apt-get install libasound2:i386

As the missing libraries get more and more obscure, it helps to start up
synaptic package manager, search for the name of the library and then exit
from synaptic, go back to the terminal
and put in
sudo apt-get-install [another !%@&*^# missing library's package]:i386

[repeat until done]

Finally one sees delight at the end of the tunnel (and now, to see if it
plays music after all!)

Forrest Curo