[CM] quicklisp clm

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Mon Dec 12 08:40:57 PST 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 09:27:12AM -0600, Juan Cristobal Cerrillo wrote:
> Per Ralf’s suggestions I’ve made some changes.
> The asd file now includes a quicklisp directive and includes the original asdf:defsystem as well.
>
> I’ve changed the way in that clm-directory was set, removing the concatenating to my invented clm directory and using ql:where-is-system, agin with a directive. This allows for correct c compiling without having to copy any files to the asdf compile directory.

Hmm, I think it's time to think about the goals of the port. Since Quicklisp
depends on ASDF you might declare that you only support Lisp with
ASDF-support. Once this decision is made, dir-setup.lisp can be reduced
to:

(defparameter *clm-src-dir*
  (asdf:component-pathname (asdf:find-system :clm))
  "Directory holding CLM source files")

(defparameter clm-directory     *clm-src-dir*)
(defparameter clm-bin-directory *clm-src-dir*)

> If quicklisp is not detected, all should work as it did originally with asdf.

In general, quicklisp should not show up in any of the files, it's only
a system to distribute code and manage code dependencies. ASDF is all
you need. Once ASDF works Quicklisp works as well.

As a side note, I'm always a bit queazy having build parameters in the
global namespace. Why not put "package.lisp" on the first palce in the
list of components in "clm.asd". Then you could move "dir-setup.lisp" et
al. into the CLM package.

Cheers, RalfD