[CM] cannot save files from Grace?

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:13:42 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:04:27AM +0200, Stefaan Himpe wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm hitting an annoying problem while experimenting with grace
> freshly compiled from cm-3.9.0 using premake4.4beta5
>
> Whenever I try to save a file from grace, it bails out with an error.
> (link to screenshot further in the mail).
>
> Since grace is the only program on my computer that behaves like
> this I assume it's a problem with grace somehow (despite the error pointing
> to something samba? Not sure why samba would be even used as I do not
> have anything related to microsoft windows on this computer.)
>
> I'm running grace under kde on arch linux, kernel:
>
>  Linux name 4.0.4-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 22 03:05:23 UTC 2015 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> A screenshot of the error can be found here:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/ApchGhm.png
>
> My workaround is to copy/paste everything to a different editor for now
> but as you can imagine this is not a lot of fun :)
> Any ideas how to go about making this work?

The standard error of kdialog is not redirected because the flag in

    if (child.start (args, ChildProcess::wantStdOut))

is ignored (juce_gui_basics/native/juce_linux_FileChooser.cpp).

It means that the filename is all the kdialog output (stdout + stderr).
Probably you are using old JUCE's code with a bug in

    juce/modules/juce_core/native/juce/posix/SharedCode.h

You can update JUCE or change the lines (the second `if' is your problem):

    if ((streamFlags | wantStdOut) != 0)
    [...]
    if ((streamFlags | wantStdErr) != 0)

with