[CM] gtk mapped without transient parent

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:53:25 PDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 07:32:56PM +0000, James Hearon wrote:
> Hi,
> On f21 I'm getting an error thru the Grace editor.    Wondering if anyone else has this problem and might know the problem?  I did grep a bit and GTK part seems throughout Sndlib in CM, but I can't be sure that's the issue.
>
> Save File:
> GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent...File not saved.
>
> On f21 I have a gtk2 and dev files, and a gtk3 with dev files.  I tried rebuilding Grace, but the problem persists.

JUCE uses `zenity' or `kdialog' on GNU/Linux:

https://github.com/julianstorer/JUCE/blob/master/modules/juce_gui_basics/native/juce_linux_FileChooser.cpp

and `zenity' depends on GTK.

Perhaps the command line arguments in JUCE code are not compatible
with the version of your zenity command.

If it is the problem, you could

  0) try another version of zenity

  1) rename zenity in zenity.bin (or other) and write a script called
     "zenity" to fix the wrong options

  2) change the zenity args in JUCE code and compile Grace