[CM] snd arithmetics -> odd numbers - locale thing?

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 19 09:57:29 PDT 2015

I think scheme assumes "." is the decimal point; you could
probably find some ambiguity if "," were used involving
quasiquote's use of ",".  Right now you can even

 (define 1,2 '(1 2))

I currently setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C") only while writing
the saved-state data -- I was trying not to change that
setting unnecessarily.

Is this just a scheme problem, or should I setlocale for
all cases?  I guess ideally the parser/print would adjust for
the locale, but that assumes other programs are equally
flexible.