[CM] s7: Snd in CM, CM in Snd anyway?

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 10 15:03:41 PDT 2015

If I remember right, the cm+clm process would write a sound
file (via with-sound or whatever), then use X window properties
(via sndctrl?) to tell Snd about it.  A motif-based Snd could
still use this path, but I'd have to resurrect a lot of ancient
code.  If you were happy with the no-gui Snd, I think it could
be loaded into cm+clm as a giant library.  If you want the
Snd graphics, then we have Juce colliding with Motif or Gtk,
so we're back at the original case.  s7 watches stdin, so maybe
we could use pipes or something: cm writes test.snd, then
writes "(open-sound \"test.snd\")" to the pipe -- it will
work the first time!