[CM] loading .so file in Grace

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Mon Nov 10 11:32:10 PST 2014

On 11/10/2014 08:22 PM, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> I think you go to File->New Editor which starts up a new window,
> type the s7 code in it, then ctrl-return to evaluate it.

that's what I'm doing. But l think I have to change in SndLibBridge.cpp
something for load to accept 2 args and pass them to s7. Don't how
ffi_load finds the init-routine. I have old code, that used to work in
some old Grace-version. I added the cload per s7.html to s7.c though.
Probably would be easier than tinker with SndLibBridge.cpp.

An old version of s7 as executable loaded my .so correctly, now I
recompiled s7 (didn't change anything), gcc is probably newer on ubuntu
14.04, and I get undefined symbol s7_string, although it's clearly there
looking with nm. I'm going to try with OSX, what does this thing do there.

tnx

-m