[CM] Grace, beta 5, sndlib

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 09:31:03 PST 2014

> > On Jan 2, 2014, at 9:33 PM, Joel Matthys <jwmatthys at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the update! One bugfix: I had to add -ldl to LIBS in s7.make.
> >>
> >> Joel

> so you might try what Joel did and see if that builds s7.

Hi,
Yes, that seems to work.

My changes to get it to build on f20 were:

change premake4.lua, line 350 etc. to include "dl"... (thanks Bill)

-- Linux
configuration({"linux"})
links({"dl", "pthread", "rt", "X11","GL","GLU","Xinerama",
       "asound","freetype", "Xext"})
if _OPTIONS["with-fomus"] then
   links({"dl", "gsl", "gslcblas", "m"})
end

then run configure using premake
$ CFLAGS='-ldl -lpthread ' ./premake4 --with-oscpack

then edit and change s7.make for config debug, release, and speed LIB options to (thanks Joel):

  LIBS      += -ldl -lsndlib -lasound

then run $ make
-----
Also followed gnome instructions for adding icon to app on fedora with gnome:
"Place the icon in
	/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/"
Then after build is complete right click grace app in bin directory, select properties, then click on the icon image on properties page and associate it with cm.png.

Regards,
Jim