[CM] snd & inf-snd.el: multiple lines

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:10:17 PST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:49:17PM -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone working with the aforementioned combination? (snd as an emacs
> subprocess through if-snd.el). If I evaluate single lines all is well.
> If I highlight a region and try to get it evaluated in the snd listener
> through "Send Region" I get errors. Line breaks split the region in
> multiple subregions that of course don't make sense individually to the
> scheme interpreter.
>
> Any way around this?
> Thanks,
> -- Fernando

it's a problem with the parser when Snd (s7) is compiled without gui support.
A workaround in `snd-scheme-mode' is to rewrite `snd-send-region':

(setq inf-snd-prompt "")

;; i.e. tmpfs in /dev/shm
(setq snd-send-eval-file "/dev/shm/snd-tmp.scm")

(defun snd-send-region (start end)
  "Send the current region to the inferior Snd process.
START and END define the region."
  (interactive "r")
  (write-region start end snd-send-eval-file nil 0)
  (comint-send-string (snd-proc)
                      (format "(load %S)\n" snd-send-eval-file)))

Tito