[CM] reverb, clm

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:13:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm getting myself all confused about how to do reverb in clm, with emacs, slime. I tried to compile and load nrev.ins, then compile and load my simple-pvoc.ins for example, and guess I was dreaming there would be some fancy reverb channel mixing or convolution reverb taking place behind the scenes to create reverb on the output signal, but I'm not hearing any.  I'm thinking perhaps the simple-pvoc instrument must require some hooks to apply the reverb such as degree, distance, reverb-amount in the ins definition?  I don't really need to make simple-pvoc have reverb here, I'm just using it as an example to try to understand the principle of how to add reverb to an instrument which has none.

(definstrument simple-pvoc (beg dur amp size file)
  (let* ((start (floor (* beg *srate*)))
     (end (+ start (floor (* dur *srate*))))
     (fil (open-input file))
     (sr (make-phase-vocoder fil :fft-size size)))
      (run
       (loop for i from start to end do
     (outa i (* amp (phase-vocoder sr)))))
      (close-input fil)))

 (with-sound (:reverb nrev :reverb-data (:reverb-factor 1.2 :lp-coeff .95) :channels 2 :srate 48000)
    (simple-pvoc 4 1 .76 256 "oboe.snd")
 )