[CM] build clm-4

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 11:47:58 PDT 2013

 The compilation looks ok.  Id check if things happen in the right packages.  Try evaluating:

(package-name (symbol-package 'fm-violin))
 and see if its the same as the package youre working in:
(package-name *package*)

-anders
-------Hi,
I getCOMMON-LISP-USER by evaluating the above expressions in sbcl on fedora 18.
But  if I just do:
 (compile-file "v.ins")
 (load "v")
I get:The variable FM-VIOLIN is unbound.
Also if I go on to the 2nd example from the CL/CLM manual online:
(definstrument simp (start-time duration frequency amplitude)
  (let* ((beg (floor (* start-time *srate*)))
	 (end (+ beg (floor (* duration *srate*))))
	 (j 0))
    (run
      (loop for i from beg below end do
        (outa i (* amplitude (sin (* j 2.0 pi (/ frequency *srate*)))))
	(incf j)))))
I get:The variable SIMP is unbound.So maybe SBCL is not the best choice for lisp for CLM?  I tried Clisp but the CLM/README.clm file shows several problems with Clisp so I removed it and installed SBCL before compiling CLM.  SBCL seemed to have the most uptodate status in README.clm, but also mentions something about sbcl - fix.lisp from R Mattes.  I wonder if that could help?Regards,Jim