[CM] build errors on linux
awgrover at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 17:10:08 PST 2013
I just built cm, because I wanted the command line tool.
i686 (64bit I think....)
cm-3.8.0.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/commonmusic/
The issues noted (below) by Bill Sack are still in this 3.8.0 source zip
(except I didn't need add(mypackage.links, "dl"))
If you are trying to build common music, especially for the cm
command-line for Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric), you may find this useful:
## An almost shell script.
## Don't actually try to run all of this
# Supposed list of packages needed
# probably overkill...
# Note that it gets dependents for many of these
cat <<EOS | xargs apt-get install -y
# From source
# we'll make several source dirs here:
assume ~/downloads exists
tar xzf cm-3.8.0.zip
# http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libglitz-glx2' and -dev
tar xzf ~/downloads/glitz_0.5.6.orig.tar.gz
sudo make install
# Actually, we seem to need specific version from ccrma:
# Is there a version on sourceforge that corresponds to this?
wget --continue 'ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib-may22.tar.gz'
# tar xzf ~/downloads/snd-13.4.tar.gz
tar xzf ~/downloads/sndlib-may22.tar.gz
ln -f -s sndlib sndlib-may22
# Wants some libs and .h's in same place
mkdir -p dev_and_static/include
ln -s /usr/include/lo dev_and_static/include
mkdir -p dev_and_static/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/liblo.a dev_and_static/lib
# make make
edit cm.make, add "-lXext" to the end of LDFLAGS (supposedly could fix
edit premate.lua, line 395, insert: add(mypackage.links, "Xext")
edit src/AudioFilePlayer.cpp, line 20, change Font::Font to Font
edit src/MidiFilePlayer.cpp, line 95, change Font::Font to Font
premake --verbose --target gnu --sndlib ../sndlib --liblo dev_and_static
# woo hoo
On 07/13/2012 07:29 AM, Heinrich Taube wrote:
> thank you ill clean this up and check it in this weekend. i was able to
> build on ubuntu, so i wonder what the issue is.
> On Jul 12, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Bill Sack wrote:
>> thank you for posting this. i had similar problems compiling on fedora
>> 16 a couple of months ago and just gave up.
>> i just added
>> add(mypackage.links, "dl")
>> add(mypackage.links, "Xext")
>> to premake.lua
>> and changed the other files to get rid of the redundant "::Font" and
>> compiled successfully.
>> thank you for helping me to overcome inertia!
awgrover at mail.msen.com
(The "email signature" and/or digital-signature
are only for informational and integrity purposes
and does not constitute a legal signature)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 263 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/private/cmdist/attachments/20130301/f1119841/attachment.bin
More information about the Cmdist