[CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Wed Jul 31 02:41:53 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:04:26AM +0100, Torsten Anders wrote:
> > so if you don't mind we can share the code :-)
>
> If you have a CM version that can be loaded with a plain ASDF file, then I would be interested in your code as well.

That's the whole point of the exercise.
CM2s asdf definition shows it's age[1] - I just installed CMUCL (not on debian testing any more, sigh) and
CLISP to test my modified version. I found some minor bugs/glitches that I think can fix.

> I tried loading CM into LispWorks together with PWGL (or OpenMusic) before, and stumbled over exactly this matter and gave up.

Ah, PWGL, too proprietary for me :-)
I tried my cm2 version with my LW personal edition but ran into a stack overflow.
This might be caused by LW-Personal's limitations.
I'll keep you informed.

 Cheers, RalfD

[1] The main problem: cm.asd uses an previously unpublished, private method
of asdf (asdf::travers) that now _is_ public, but with a slightly different
method lambda list.