[CM] independent transposition of pitch and timbre in snd

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Feb 6 10:50:02 PST 2013

> i'd like to do independent transpostions of pitch and timbre (for
> pitch-shifting recorded voices) - does snd have a function for this?

Perhaps you're thinking of the phase vocoder?  Maybe the pins
instrument in clm-ins.scm would do what you want.  I have
to say I've never had any luck with the phase-vocoder, but in
the hands of a master like Xavier Serra it seems to work wonders.
I'd try granular synthesis first (maybe the grani or expsrc instrument?),
or my favorite toy, the ssb-am generator (shift-channel-pitch).
There are a few related functions packaged up in the effects menu --
using expsrc I think -- see sndscm.html.