[CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF

Torsten Anders torsten.anders at beds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 28 10:51:03 PDT 2013

Thanks for sharing those links.

> he also has another nice package that does acoustic dissonance measurement based on Parncutt.
>
> http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~ferguson/Ferguson%20Contribs/Apprentice-Dissonance.lisp

I am doing a lot of harmony in CAC, so this is a very nice find. Thanks!

> fwiw  sean furguson wrote a very nice break-point function package in common lisp years ago:
>
> http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~ferguson/Ferguson%20Contribs/Apprentice-Envelopes%20Folder/Apprentice-Envelopes.lisp

Actually, this is not quite what I meant -- the BPF editor of PWGL is a graphical editor, more like your CM plotter.

Anyway, if we are sharing links to BPF implementation ideas, here is another one I did about ten years ago (and recently ported to PWGL). The main idea is to use plain math functions as envelopes, and by combining such functions in various ways a rich set of envelope transformations is possible. A very long time ago I transformed this idea even into a CM pattern so that the CM function next could cycle through such an envelope.

  https://github.com/tanders/fenv

In case anyone is interested, I also still have the plain-lisp version of that somewhere. (The link provided shows the recent PWGL version, with a brief PWGL tutorial, but old plain Lisp examples and some macros not helpful in PWGL removed).

Best wishes,
Torsten

--
Dr Torsten Anders