[CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF

Torsten Anders torsten.anders at beds.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 10:17:02 PDT 2013

Dear Ralf,

Thanks for sharing your cm.asd file.

I could load this file into Lisp Works, more specifically as a library into the free PWGL application (http://www2.siba.fi/pwgl/downloads.html). So, in principle this would allow to use PWGL (e.g., its score editors and break-point functions etc.) alongside CM2, which would be great.

However, after loading I noticed that PWGL became unusably slow. Usually, whenever PWGL loads a library all sources are automatically compiled (resulting in *. clufasl files). For some reason, this is not the case after loading your cm.asd file. So, I had a look at that file and noticed that it contains much much more than the *.asd files I saw before (which usually consist of a single asdf:defsystem call. So, it is a bit difficult to figure out why the sources are not compiled.

However, I noticed that in the asdf:defsystem call, most files are called with :scheme set to T. Why is that? After all, there are *.lisp versions of these files as well?

Thanks!

For completeness, here are two further minor changes I had to make before I could load CM as a PWGL library.
  - Renaming the file cm.asd into cm2.asd (the name of the system defined with asdf:defsystem).
  - The next error then said "Cannot load this library because Scheme source <PathToCM2>/src/gluplot.scm not found". The  CM tar ball version 2.10.0 I just downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/commonmusic/files/cm/ does not contain this file. Luckily I had this file still somewhere else, but perhaps the tar ball should be updated?

Best wishes,
Torsten