[CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF

adam ahcnz at orcon.net.nz
Mon Aug 5 19:53:36 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Heinrich Taube <taube at illinois.edu>
To: R. Mattes <rm at mh-freiburg.de>
Cc: Orm Finnendahl <o.finnendahl at mh-freiburg.de>, adam
<ahcnz at orcon.net.nz>, cmdist at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [CM] slime cm-2.10 and ASDF
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:16:12 -0500

> There is no such thing as "slime's asdf". Slime sends and receives

what i was trying to say is the asdf in question does not seem to be cm2's asdf, the error is happening under the compilation of slime/swank files, not cm files. if i were installing now i would certainly be using quicklisp

;; Error while compiling /home/ara/adm/slime-2013-04-05/contrib/swank-asdf.lisp:
;;   Your ASDF is too old. The oldest version supported by swank-asdf
is
2.014.6.
;; Aborting.
;;

I'm sorry to be a pest, gentlemen.

After setting up sbcl with Quicklisp, and setting the
environment variable,
$ export CM_RUNTIME=sbcl

Running  cm.sh  of CM-2.10 fails with the error below.

I can supply further information if required. While I can't seem
to find the sbcl Implementation Notes, I have established that
UNIX-FILE-KIND is not mentioned in the sbcl manual. Indeed it
seems to be a reoccurring problem for sbcl.

If anyone can recommend the best fix or patch for this, then
much appreciated.

--- at ---:~/cm210/bin$ . cm.sh

debugger invoked on a SB-C::INPUT-ERROR-IN-COMPILE-FILE in thread
#<THREAD "initial thread" RUNNING {AAF2AC1}>:
  READ failure in COMPILE-FILE:
    Symbol "UNIX-FILE-KIND" not found in the SB-UNIX package.

      Line: 115, Column: 47, File-Position: 4277

      Stream: #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "file /home/cm210/cm.asd"
                {C3A0EC1}>

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.