[CM] Does this mean that we could do CM on the ipod or android?

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Thu Nov 15 10:42:35 PST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 09:45:50AM -0800, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> What is special about Android that a normal C program needs to be aware of?
> It seems to me, not knowing anything about it (I'm the last person on the
> planet who does not have a smartphone, or an ipod, or any portable
> electronic device more complicated than a shaver), that s7 should work
> as is, and hence common music.

"Normal" Android Apps run on a Virtual Machine (kind of modified Java
VM). So no C code. Off course one can "root" teh device and install
Apps written in C or similar languages, after all it _is_ a sort of
stripped down linux. But Android devices usually don't have your
average PC Inteloid processor (ARM is the core of choice) and
perform significantly different for audio needs.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes