[CM] CM2 vs CM3

István Lakatos lakatos.isti at gmail.com
Sun May 27 03:56:37 PDT 2012

Good day,

I recently discovered Common Music and algorithmic composition, and I
am eager to learn and to probably use CM in some future projects.
There are a few questions I would like to ask the community, since
I've been having trouble finding answers in the documentation.
Mainly, what are the main differences between CM2 and CM3, design and
composition wise? I know that version 3 uses Scheme instead of Common
Lisp, so CLOS isn't used anymore, but what kind of changes has this
brought to CM?
I will be acquiring a copy of Notes from the Metalevel soon, and want
to know if I can follow the book using CM3 instead of version 2, if I
might choose to go with Scheme in my projects. Or if I choose to go
with Common Lisp, are there any drawbacks in using Common Music 2?
Will I be missing out on something?

Looking back I might have put a lot of questions :P, but I am
interested in the answers. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Istvan Lakatos