[CM] Channel-tuning

Heinrich Taube taube at illinois.edu
Sun Jan 15 09:53:38 PST 2012

On Jan 15, 2012, at 7:30 AM, Philippe de Rochambeau wrote:

> But, unfortunately, the examples in your book are written in CM2 (?)
> and I could not find an equivalent command in the CM3 documentation
> to :channel-tuning 108 (used on pp 140, 142, 15 -- ct8 ? --, and 149).

thats because of this comment in my CM2 code:

   ;; WHAT A FREAKING MESS! I should never have added done the
   ;; "divisions-per-octave"

so 180 is divisions-per-octave in CM2  is exactly the same as 15
divisions per semitone in both CM2 and CM3

cm> (/ 1200 180.0)
6.6666666666667

cm> (/ 100 15.0)
6.6666666666667