[CM] snd without any graphics system

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Feb 2 03:06:18 PST 2012

You need either motif or gtk to get graphics in Snd.  In
some cases, you may need the "devel" package as well as
the normal one.  I always build both from the sources,
so I'm not sure how they are packaged.  When you run
configure, it creates config.log that tells what that script
did.  Sometimes it contains more information than the
script printout.  The other possibility is that your gtk
is too old.  I think currently Snd needs 2.12 or later.