[CM] CM 2.4.2 on Windows 7 64 bits

Dan Corneliu Georgescu geodancor at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 12:29:54 PDT 2012

Hallo!
I worked a timewith CM 2.4.x on a Windows XP machine and I tried now to install it on Windows 7 64 bits computer.  The old files don’t work because 64 bits. Itried with other versions (the most taken from CD of “Notes from the Metalevel”by Heinrich K. Taube, which I intended to study later) and finally now CLISPworks.
When I started the nextCLISP.BAT

doskey
N:\clisp\lisp.exe -I -M    N:\clisp\cm.img -i  N:\clisp\cminit.lisp %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

I become in DOS-Boxthe typical LISP symbole and the Common Music 2.4.2 annonce.
But is notOK… The prompt is not >cm butonly > and I cannot load any  .cmfile. CMINIT.LISP loads in-package :cm,but in-syntax  :midi or in-tempo 120 'q are not accepted, so e.g. ‘Notes‘ are notrecognized as a keyword.
That is,e.g. something like that
       (in-package:cm)(in-syntax :midi)(in-tempo 120 'q)(load "0Init.cm")
doesn’twork.  Probably LISP or CM are not correctlyloaded and active.

Surely suchthings are long resolved, so I excuse myself for my ignorance… unfortunately Iam not at all initiated in the subtilities of installation, so I should be verygratefull for any help or suggestion. Thank you.
Greatings,
Cornelius