[CM] Grace not running as user on Fedora 14

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:01:48 PDT 2011

the subject line pretty much says it ... i have a recent install of
fedora 14 on a new thinkpad. installed the binary of Grace 3.7.1 and
it will run as root but not in a user account. i tried old binaries
too with the same result which leads me to think it's a fedora thing
and not Grace.

very odd: when i enter 'Grace' on the command line in my user account
nothing is echoed back and no Grace terminal appears. the program
seems to quit as soon as it starts, but reports no errors. i disabled
SELinux (the security/watchdog in fedora) and tried again. but no
difference. doing the same thing as root works fine, but i don't want
to use the program as root.

does anyone have any suggestions for how i can find out what the error is?

thanks,
Bill