[CM] cm or clm?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:07:26 PST 2011

hello everyone!

please confuse my ignorance on this, but I'm a little confused...is
there a difference between common music:

http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/

...and common lisp music:

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/clm/

I was looking at this post, thinking doing something like this would
be a lot of fun:

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/cmdist/2005-August/002556.html

I have found myself chasing rabbits down endless holes, without any
sort of idea what I'm doing :)  I could use some help!

one more question, the common lisp music download lists a README.clm,
with instructions as to how to install the dependancies, but no
instruction as to how to install it or use it.  I ran the ./configure
script and that passed just fine, but make fails:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating mus-config.h
config.status: mus-config.h is unchanged
config.status: creating sndlib.h
config.status: sndlib.h is unchanged
[clm-4]$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

clearly I'm missing something...can someone point me in the right direction?

thank you!

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence