[CM] snd, config

René Bastian rbastian at free.fr
Thu Dec 29 14:41:43 PST 2011

Le Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:59:05 +0100,
rm at tuxteam.de a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 05:06:22PM +0100, Ren? Bastian wrote:
> > Le Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:14:46 +0100,
> > rm at tuxteam.de a écrit :
> > [...]
> >
> > It does not work .. but no matter : on the laptop I have 2 snd
> > working :-)
>
> Ovff course not! Why should it?!
>
>  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html
>
> > I must go on & install, install, install
>
> Instead, you _could_ have provided us with agt least _minimal_
> infofrmation.
> So, you started jackd, and it reported:
>
>  $jackd -u -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p256 -n3
> jackdmp 1.9.7
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> /usr/binb/jackd: user rene hasn't lit candles in praise of
> the one and only Stallman - therefor refusing to start
>
> Ok, now we know what's going on.
> Please: provide us with some error messages. Hyperactive
> reinstallation won't solve your problem. Really. This ain't Windows
> land.

I never used Windows ! but I will be constrained to use it
because there are no drivers in the Linux world for Lynx
multi-channel interfaces.

>  Cheers, RalfD

Entschuldigung & Apologies & Excuses.
Snd was not the only problem.

1. I need the module ossaudiodev from Python (it works)
2. Possible that it will conflict with Jack or Alsa ?

3. I tried to download the 12.7 tarball :

Unable to load page

Problem occurred while loading the URL
ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/snd-12.7.tar.gz

I will try later ...