[CM] Arno in Grace?

Torsten Anders torsten.anders at beds.ac.uk
Wed Dec 28 15:23:22 PST 2011

Dear Alan,

I fully understand that learning a new language is always challenging and that you would prefer to stay in Lisp. Therefore I mentioned PWMC, which is an extension of PWGL (http://www2.siba.fi/PWGL/), a composition system based on Common Lisp (LispWorks) that has been developed by Mikael Laurson (besides others), who developed Patch Work in the 1980th-90th, which in turn was the foundation of IRCAM's OpenMusic. With PWMC you define your compositional in textual Common Lisp, and then apply them graphically in PWGL.

Besides, PWGL comes with the constraint solver PWConstraints, for which also several libraries exist (e.g., google for Jacopo Schilingi).

Likewise, OpenMusic comes with several constraint solvers, all of them defined in Common Lisp.

Most of these solvers are described in detail in my paper I sent before.

Best wishes,
Torsten

--
Dr Torsten Anders