[CM] Arno in Grace?

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Wed Dec 28 05:04:31 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:12:33PM +0100, Dr. des. Alan Fabian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in the programm "Arno" by Torsten Anders, it is a extension
> of cm.

Looks very interesting - thanks for mentioning it here.

> So I tried to install cm and I got Grace. Grace is fantastic and I
> am going to work with it, but i have no idea how to get Arno in Grace
> running.
>
> Has anyone experience with it or ideas?

This program most likely requires/runs with CM2 - Grace is CommonMusic3,
IIRC. To get your copy of CommonMusic2 you need to check out the cm2
branch from the subversion repository. What OS are you using? On
Linux/OSX it's as simple as (in a terminal):

$ svn co https://commonmusic.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/commonmusic/branches/cm2

(all in one line). That will fetch the code from the repository and put
it into a directoy/folder 'cm2'.

> Alan
> P.S.: I attached the INSTALL-description by Anders, it is from around
> 1999...

Today, I would certainly use asf and quicklisp to install software
dependencies (oh, and wouldn't it be nice to have cm2 as a quicklisp
installable software ...;-)
I couldn't find the sources for Arno, otherwise I could have given you
more detailed instructions.

 HTH Ralf Mattes