[CM] recording MIDI input

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:17:31 PST 2011

Hi,

I have a newbie question...

I am looking to record midi input to grace...  I am guessing by the "input
hooks" sal tutorial that this is done by defining a midi receiver (call it
"myrecorder") and then running it with a send("mp:receive", myrecorder)
command.  I was hoping someone already had some code created to do it... If
not, having "myrecorder" shove the midi note information into a list isn't
difficult and I suppose each note on or note off can be paired with the
output of a call to the now() function... Is there a better method?

In related matters, is there a way to exchange midi tempo and other
information between a DAW and Grace (besides using OSC)?  I am on a PC for
what it is worth.

Thanks,
Charles